Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Aging Allergies

Quick post:  Two days ago I used Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Cream containing 10% benzoyl peroxide.  I bought it for my teens, as it was on clearance...and I had an incredible coupon that made it free.  Who could resist THAT?  Sheesh.

Anyway, being the ever-wise mother that I am, I decided to try it first...before giving it to my kids.  The result?  Pain. Redness. Swelling. Burning, and an emergency trip to see my doctor two days later...as symptoms progressed...worse by the HOUR!  Severe allergic reaction.

Now I sit waiting for my prescription of steroid ointment, contemplating an entire WEEK without a speck of make-up...and whether that consequence will end up being more painful for ME...or my FAMILY.  :)  My face looks as though I have gained 50 pounds, overnight.  I'd post a picture...but I'm a little too vain.  And too considerate!

Lesson:  Even if you have NEVER had an allergic reaction in all your live long days, in spite of ignoring every patch-test recommendation printed in bold on many products?  Be aware that as you age...your skin does become more sensitive.  You may not ALWAYS be lucky.  Patch-test, Patsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment