Blog Archive

Friday, June 3, 2011

Rehydrating Hair Styling Products

A month ago, my son threw away the lid to my VERY expensive hair pomade.  Comes in a little tub type container.  Needless to say, it dried out until it was too hard to apply and would only go on in chunks.  NOT very attractive to appear as though you have big white bugs in your hair, eh?

Being the frugal soul that I am, I couldn't throw it away without attempting to make it usable once again.  I filled it with as much water as there was remaining product, so that the container held 50% product and 50% water.  Then, I sealed the top with plastic (though using it's original lid) would be preferable!  I let it sit for 2 days. Then I uncovered it and was VERY pleased with the results!  Because it was so dense, the center of the tub had not been reached by water, so I simply stuck my finger in and gave it a stir to break up & reveal that which had not rehydrate.  I covered it again for another two days.

WALLAH!  It is now back to EXACTLY how it was before it dried up!  And it works as if it were brand new...instead of 3 years old as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment